Newton Auctioneers Terms Of Sale
- These General Conditions of Sale are issued by Newton Auctioneers.
- a. Auctioneer refers to Newton Auctioneers b. Lots and goods refer to goods being sold on Auction day. c. The Vendor is the person/company owning or having the right to sell the lot.
- All Buyers will be deemed to have full knowledge of these Conditions and to agree to be bound by them.
Conditions Regulating the Conduct of the Sale
- The highest accepted bidder shall be the Buyer.
- All buyers must purchase a bidding card with a deposit which is refundable should the buyer not bought anything. Online bidding will require a deposit from the named persons credit/debit card which is refundable should the buyer not purchased any goods.
- All lots are subject to buyer’s premium of 18% PLUS VAT on the wining hammer price, online bidders will pay extra 6% plus vat per lot.
- All lots subject to VAT at 20% on wining hammer price.
- All lots are described by the Auctioneer with the best of their knowledge and should be used as guide only.
- No person may advance on any bid less than the amount called from the Auctioneers.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse bids from any person without a reason.
- The Auctioneer reserve the right to refuse any persons on the auction premises without any reason.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right on behalf of themselves and of the Sellers to fix a reserve price.
- The Auctioneers shall be the sole arbiters in all matters in dispute.
- If a dispute arises as to any bidding, then at the Auctioneers' discretion, either: the lot to which the dispute relates shall immediately be put up again and resold.
- The Auctioneer shall determine the dispute and their decision shall be final and binding on all parties.
- The Buyer shall supply his or her name and address.
- No bidding may be retracted.
- No lot shall be removed from the Auction venue without signed paid invoice.
- All buyers must pay for goods and collected by the next working day.
- The transferring of lots is not allowed.
- The Auctioneers act on behalf of vendor only.
- Any lots not paid for on the day of the Sale or the next working day before 12pm shall be re-sold by the Auctioneers and result in loss of deposit no exceptions.
- Lots must be collected on the sale date or the next working day before 4pm failure to do so will result in storage fees depending on the size of the goods.
- In the event of the goods resold under not having been paid for in full by the original Buyer, then the original Buyer will remain liable to pay any shortfall and administration fees.
Description & Condition of Goods
- Auctioneer takes care of description of goods to the best of their knowledge and should be used as guide only. Auctioneer’s description is from what the seller tells the Auctioneer.
- Auctioneers will not be liable for inaccuracies in the information published, unless the negligence of the Auctioneers.
- Buyers should be aware some goods will be good for parts or scrap and should make full inspection of goods before purchase or take advice from relevant skilled persons.
- Buyers are expected to view the goods before bidding on Auction day or day before and rely on their own skills or professional or skilled advice. The Auctioneers will not be liable for any faults with the goods, should the buyer purchase any goods before inspection then the buyer does so at their own risk and the auctioneer will not accept any liability or claim.
Payment of goods.
- All lots must be paid for on the date of the Sale or the next working day before 12pm and must be collected on the sale date or the next working day before 4pm. The Buyer is responsible for the cost of transport removal from the auction premises.
- Removal of goods within the auction house will be done by the assistant of Auction house porters, no exceptions.
- a. If the Buyer fails to pay for purchased lot, the Auctioneers may treat the contract of sale to the Buyer as rescinded. The Auctioneers may re-sell the lot, by next Auction sale, without reserve and without notice to the Buyer. b. Should the buyer fail to abide by clause 30 above then there will be a admin charge of £40 for individual buyer and a storage charge on per lot of £2 per day.
- Delivery of goods must be agreed with Auctioneer and cannot be guaranteed, delivery will incur a charge agreed with Auctioneer.
- The Buyer must pay in full the purchase price of goods, or the remainder of the purchase price before delivery of the goods.
- Buyer must pay for all winning lots, no part payment will be accepted.
- All payments must be paid by cash or debit card or bankers draft.
Insurance & Risk
- All goods become the responsibility of the buyer from the moment they are sold to him, on the fall of the Auctioneers' hammer. The Buyer should make his own insurance arrangements if needed immediately.
- The Auctioneers and staff will take reasonable care of the goods whilst in the Auction house premises.
- The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the safe custody of any lots after the sale.
- The Auctioneer will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury howsoever caused to or sustained by any person on the Auctioneers’ premises where an auction is held unless damage, loss, or injury is caused by the direct negligence of the Auctioneers, this includes periods of viewing out of auction times.